Apple’s iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max have only been on sale for a few days but they are both already suffering from a couple of problems.
The latest is a number of reports claiming that the Camera app is particularly slow, often taking seconds to load.
The issue, which doesn’t appear to happen when an iPhone has been restarted or the Camera app force-closed, only appears to impact iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max models according to various reports.
MacRumors cites one reader as saying that the camera app can sometimes take as many as five seconds to launch.
I have the same issue with my iPhone 14 Pro (non Max). When restarting the phone and starting the camera app the camera turns on immediately. After closing and opening the camera app it always takes 4 – 5 seconds for the camera to turn on. I’ve tested other apps using the camera and there it it turns on instantly. I assume this is a SW bug.
Notably, the problem doesn’t seem to occur when people use third-party camera apps, suggesting that this is an app issue rather than something more deeply rooted. That should also mean that a fix can be fairly easily applied, with Apple already testing iOS 16.1 with developers.
It’s possible we could see that update launch with a Camera fix applied, or a new iOS 16.0.2 update launch if Apple deems it necessary.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- iOS 16 Final OTA Profile File Download And IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.