Apple’s new iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max both go on sale this Friday and reviews are already available, including impressions of the new phones’ macro photography mode.
That mode uses the ultrawide camera, but it is enabled automatically when users are in the wide camera mode and get close to a subject. That’s going to change, according to a new report.
Right now anyone using the Camera app on their iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max will see the image shift from the wide to ultrawide lenses automatically, despite the app still showing that the 1x wide camera is being used. As Input’s Raymond Wong notes, that isn’t a great experience.
The viewfinder keeps jittering as it tries to choose between a regular wide or wide-macro shot. A regular person wouldn’t look at this and think to themselves, this is normal. They’d look at the jittering and think something is broken with their iPhone camera. The framing should never change from what you compose and never automatically.
Now, it’s clear that is going to change. Wong was told by Apple that this was expected behavior initially, before later changing tune and saying that a new option will be available later this year — that option will disable this odd behavior entirely.
A new setting will be added in a software update this fall to turn off automatic camera switching when shooting at close distances for macro photography and video.
When that update will be made available isn’t clear, but with iPhones landing on doorsteps in less than 48 hours, it can’t come soon enough.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And Clean Install It, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 15 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 15 Download Final IPSW Links And OTA Update Released
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Fix iOS 15 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 15 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 15 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.