Wedbush Analyst, Dan Ives, today shared a new report that suggests Apple supply chain partners are gearing up to increase their production schedules following a strong demand for iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro than was previously expected.
The report cites checks with its supply chain sources, saying that they’re also now forecasting higher than previously expected.
Interestingly, the higher production numbers are split evenly between iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro rather than being weighted to one or the other.
Previous Wedbush reports had 75-80 million as the number of expected iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max handsets that would ship before the end of the year. That’s now being revised with the belief being that the previous numbers were on the low side.
In terms of units, we now believe that the new phones could exceed the 78 million to 80 million range (previously we expected 75 million – 80 million) for the launch period with our bias suggesting 80 million will now likely be exceeded. To this point, we have seen activity in the all-important China region that is “roughly double” from a year ago with XR as it appears the lower price points, dual camera functionality, and added colors is hitting the sweet spot for consumers that have been waiting to upgrade.
Apple can also likely use upcoming software and hardware features as a way to further promote the new iPhones. The inclusion of the new U1 chip is currently only used for targeted AirDrop transfers, but it is capable of more. Rumors of a new Tile-like tagging accessory won’t go away, and it’s possible something will be announced this month.
Apple also continues to release software updates for the new phones, with the promised Deep Fusion photography improvements now available to beta testers. That will be released to everyone before the end of the year.
So far it seems Apple has a hit on its hands in the form of iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro. After a year of supposed iPhone saturation, the company will be hoping this continues.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Released
- iOS 13.2 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 To iOS 13.1.1 / 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.1.4, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 11, Pro Max Tripod For Night Mode Long Exposure Photos [List]
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple
- Best iPhone 11, Pro Max Tripods For Night Mode Long Exposure Photos [List]
- Download Kodi 19 IPA / DEB For tvOS 13 Apple TV