If you’re currently playing any titles on EA’s Origin or plan to in the near future, now might be a good time to add an extra layer of security to your account. While that’s always a good idea on its own, right now, it will get you three months of Origin Access Basic for free, with the first month pegged for this November.
The PC gaming subscription normally costs $4.99 a month and comes packed with free access to a collection of over 200 games the likes of Battlefield V, Anthem, and Star Wars: Battlefront II. In addition, members get 10-hour early access trials for upcoming EA games and a 10% discount on all digital goods bought through the Origin store, including in-game purchases.
So what exactly do you need to do to get that three-month membership for free? Simply head on over to your account’s settings and enable two-factor authentication. Here’s how to do just that.
Step 1: Point your browser to origin.com, click Sign in and enter your Origin credentials. Alternatively, you can launch the Origin client on your PC, hovering over your account name in the bottom-left corner and selecting EA Account and Billing from the menu that pops up.
Step 2: On the My Account page, switch to the Security section.
Step 3: Under Login Verification, click the Turn On button. This will send a security code to your email.
Step 4: Copy the security code from the email you just received (you may have to wait a couple minutes), paste it into the security code field, and hit Submit.
Step 5: From the dialog box that follows, select your preferred method for authentication (email, authenticator, or text message) and confirm. You will be asked to enter one final security code.
Step 6: Copy and paste the security code from your email, text message, or authenticator and click Enable Login Verification.
With two-factor authentication enabled, you will be asked to enter a confirmation code every time you log into your account, and of course, you also get three months of Origin Access Basic. You may not want to dilly-dally too long, though, as the offer is only valid till the end of October. The free subscription period, as mentioned, will start at some point in November, likely the 1st.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.2 / iPadOS 13.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Released
- iOS 13.2 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.1.2 / iPadOS 13.1.2 To iOS 13.1.1 / 13.1 / 13.0 / 12.1.4, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 11, Pro Max Tripod For Night Mode Long Exposure Photos [List]
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13.1
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13.1 Jailbreak Update: Security Content Fixes And Patches Detailed By Apple
- Best iPhone 11, Pro Max Tripods For Night Mode Long Exposure Photos [List]
- Download Kodi 19 IPA / DEB For tvOS 13 Apple TV