Tim Cook’s company has confirmed rumors dating back as far as early August 2019 and introduced an entry-level 10.2-inch iPad 7 as a successor to the previously available 9.7-inch 6th generation model.
This isn’t the first time that we have heard about the potential existence of this model.
Granted, not many people actually expected this announcement to form part of this “By Innovation Only” event, but we actually started seeing rumors about the 10.2-inch variant back in early August when DigiTimes made an entry-level prediction. A late September prediction was in force at that time.
As expected, the new iPad model will essentially operate at the entry-level end of the spectrum. This means that it will be Apple’s affordable option for those who don’t have the ability to splash out on the more performant “Pro” models, or, simply put, for those who really don’t need that level of specification and who would rather pay a lower price for a model which suits their needs.
At the heart of this latest iPad is the A10 Fusion chip, which is quite the bang for the buck given the price point the 10.2-inch iPad now starts at. Of course while the slightly larger display is something to be excited about, so is the fact that there’s not a Smart Connector in place, allowing the use of Smart Keyboard.
As for the Apple Pencil, there’s support for the 1st gen. Apple Pencil as well. For those interested in the camera, it happens to be an 8MP shooter; a pretty standard affair, but there’s the price to consider as well.
What colors is the machine available in? You have the Silver, Space Gray, and Gold.
Of course completing the entire affair is the iPadOS experience, tailored for the iPad family itself.
32GB, WiFi: $329
128GB, WiFi: $429
32GB, WiFi + Cellular: $459
128GB, WiFi + Cellular: $559
The new 10.2-inch iPad can be pre-ordered right now in the US using Apple.com or the Apple Store app. The iPad will be available in stores in 25 more countries starting September 30.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 GM IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 13 / 13.1 Final Version Release Date Announced By Apple
- Download iOS 13 GM IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone
- iPhone 11 Vs iPhone 11 Pro Vs 11 Pro Max Vs XR / XS / Max [Specs Comparison]
- iOS 13.1 Beta 3 Profile File Download Link Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 3, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone, iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- iOS 13 GM Profile File Download Link For OTA Update, Why Is it Not Available?