Rumors of a new 10-inch iPad are not new, and they’ve been circulating for a good long while now. Now the notoriously hit-and-miss DigiTimes has thrown its hat into the ring, saying that a new tablet will arrive in the “late third quarter” of 2019.
The new tablet is widely believed to be a 10.2-inch display and while Apple normally releases new iPads in October, this latest report would mean that it would be announced in September – the same month as the 2019 iPhone lineup, and potentially even on the same day.
Now would of course be a good time to remember that DigiTimes has something of a flaky history when it comes to getting predictions like this correct. Sometimes it gets things spot on, whereas others it couldn’t be more wrong if it had set out with the express aim of doing so.
At this point the existence of a new iPad isn’t in doubt, with too many sources having already said it is in the works.
The usually reliable Ming-Chi Kuo has already had his say on it, with the new 10.2-inch iPad set to replace the current 9.7-inch offering.
We’d tend to put more weight behind anything Kuo says than what DigiTimes reports, but even if September isn’t the time-frame Apple is working towards, we don’t expect the new iPad to be announced too far into the fourth quarter either.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 Beta 6 / Public Beta 5 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect
- iOS 13 Public Beta 4 Download Profile Released To Testers
- Download iOS 13 Beta 5 IPSW Links And OTA Update For Your iPhone Or iPad
- iOS 13 Beta 5 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]