Following a protracted beta program Apple has now made iOS 15.2 available to the public and, as ever, people are concerned about what the update will mean in terms of battery life. Now, we can answer that question.
Thanks to a video by YouTuber iAppleBytes we can see just what iOS 15.2 does to battery performance on a number of iPhones — nine of them to be exact.
By running battery benchmarks the video shows us the results run across everything from an iPhone SE all the way to an iPhone 13, with all kinds of devices in the middle. How did things pan out? You can watch the video to find out!
This video was shot 3 days iOS 15.2 was installed, so it had some time to settle in. I have seen many comments that it takes about a week for battery performance to optimize itself after an iOS update. I have always been skeptical of this statement as I have never personally had bad battery life right after I update. If I restore and download backup from iCloud well then that is another story. So I decided to run the battery test 6 days after I updated them. In those 6 days they were just idling with power connected. So let’s run the battery test again, and see if we will get some different results this time around.
The short version is that the iOS 15.2 update doesn’t seem to be a great one in terms of battery life, at least when using benchmarks. It’s possible that this is a bug with Geekbench 4 rather than anything indicative of a problem, but we’ll need more people to spend real-world time with the update to be sure.
Do these results match your experience with iOS 15.2? Let us know in the comments!
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.2 — Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 15.2 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.