When Apple announced iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 earlier this month, it only had a finite amount of stage time to offer both releases. That means we’re still learning some of the changes that will arrive with those updates, one of which is the ability to delete apps right from the App Store’s update screen.
Normally, deleting an app requires users to find it on their Home screen and then tap and hold until the icons start to wiggle. With iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 installed, that’s no longer the case.
As multiple people have been able to confirm, users can swipe left on any app when updating it, or viewing recently updated apps, and tapping the Delete button. They will then be shown the same delete-app dialog we’ve become accustomed to.
Apple also moved the location of App Store app updates from a tab at the bottom of the screen to a new location since a user’s profile with it he App Store. The move means Apple can repurpose the space at the bottom of the App Store for the upcoming Apple Arcade.
Apple showed iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 off for the first time during its WWDC opening keynote on June 3rd. Both updates are currently available in beta form for developers with an initial public beta release set to arrive in the coming weeks. A final, public update will arrive this fall, likely in September. Until then it’s likely Apple will change or simply tweak features as it gets to grips with the updates and their new features.
iPadOS let’s you delete apps from the update list, before or after an update is completed. This has been on the wishlist for years. pic.twitter.com/G7WMFjDauN
— Brian Stucki (@brianstucki) June 6, 2019
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 Beta 3 Download Expected Release Date
- iOS 13 Public Beta Profile Download Release Date Now Said To Arrive This Month, Says Apple
- Download iOS 13 iPadOS Beta 2 OTA Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [Tutorial]
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Download Release Date Announced Along With macOS 10.15, tvOS 13 Public Betas
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Including iPadOS 13 Beta 2
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]