Here’s how to jailbreak iOS 13.2.2 and iPadOS 13 using checkra1n on a compatible iPhone or iPad, complete with video tutorial.
As you may already know by now, checkra1n – the first iOS 13 jailbreak – is now out to public! Not only is this jailbreak the first for iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, but also significant in the aspect of it being bootrom-based. The fact that it is checkm8 bootrom-based means that Apple can’t patch it with any iOS firmware update as it exploits a vulnerability in the iPhone and iPad hardware which is unpatchable without revising the hardware itself.
The last time iOS saw such a vulnerability and jailbreak was almost a decade ago back in the year 2010 when geohot dropped limera1n exploit+jailbreak for all iPhone models available at the time.
Coming back to checkra1n, it’s compatible with all devices which are based on Apple’s A5-A11 architecture, which means while all devices up to iPhone X are vulnerable to it, the latest devices like the iPhone 11 aren’t as Apple patched the checkm8 vulnerability in the new hardware.
In a nutshell, it means that iPhone X owners and below can now have jailbreak for life even on all future versions of iOS.
Checkm8-based checkra1n has couple of limitations though: One being semi-tethered in nature which requires owners to re-jailbreak after every reboot, and second being currently available for macOS only, although the developers behind it have promised Windows and Linux version in the future.
Checkra1n jailbreak can be downloaded via checkra1n.com (checkra.in) and currently supports following devices and firmware as of latest 0.9.1 beta:
- iOS 12.3 to iOS 13.2.2 on all devices up to and below iPhone X with only notable exceptions being iPad Air 2, iPad 5th-gen and iPad Pro 1st-gen, support for which will be added in near future.
If you haven’t jailbroken yet, check out our video tutorial below on how to jailbreak iOS 13.2.2. You can find written instructions on how to jailbreak iOS 13.2.2 here.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
You may also like to check out:
- Fix iOS 13 Apple Notes App Sync Not Working With Catalina And Other Devices, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.2.2 / iPadOS 13.2.2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- Jailbreak iOS 13.2.2 Using Checkra1n On Mac, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Download Checkra1n iOS 13 Jailbreak IPA For iOS 13.2.2 On Mac [0.9 beta]
- Checkra1n Windows Download Release Date: Here’s How To Jailbreak Now
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Fix Cydia Crashing On Checkra1n iOS 13 Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Gold iPhone 11 Pro Max: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, More
- Red iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Yellow iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Purple iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi USB Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Green iPhone 11 Accessories: Case, Lightning Cable, Qi USB Charger, Band, Speaker, Much More
- Midnight Green iPhone 11 Pro Max: Case, Lightning Cable, Wireless Charger, Band, Speaker, More
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak