Those who have filled their homes with Google Nest cameras can now make better use of Amazon’s Alexa after support for the digital voice assistant was added to Google’s latest and greatest offerings.
As reported by The Verge, Google has now updated its Alexa skill to include support for its very latest cameras, giving them all the ability to work with Echo Show devices as well as Fire TV and tablet offerings for the first time.
Good news for smart homes divided: as of this week, the newest Google Nest cameras can now stream to your Amazon Alexa smart displays, including Echo Show devices, Fire TVs, and Fire tablets. Following Amazon’s announcement last week that third-party cameras can take advantage of its new person and package announcement features on Echo smart speakers, Google Nest has updated its languishing Alexa skill to include its latest cameras.
The skill tweaks mean that live feeds and motion detection announcements can also be shared on Echo speakers, even from Google’s latest cameras including the Nest Cam with floodlight. Doorbell support is also included, too.
Alexa voice commands for the new skill include “Alexa, show the [camera name] feed” and “Alexa, answer the front door.” The skill also incorporates the previous skills from Google Nest that allowed Nest Thermostat users to control their thermostat (all models) and older Nest cameras. If you do have older Nest devices, the skill will only work if you’ve migrated your Nest account to a Google Account.
The new improvements also add two-way talk for devices like the Nest Doorbell, while video support obviously requires the Echo Show — because you need a screen.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 15.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Files Along With iPadOS 15.4.1 Released
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.