Google today announced that the Google Maps app is getting one feature back and gaining a new one. Those who missed the Google Maps Apple Watch app will be pleased to learn that it’s coming back.
Google says that the Apple Watch app will be available worldwide soon, although there’s no hard date on when it will make its return.
Still, the company is making a big deal about it, saying that users will be able to get all kinds of location information on their wrists.
Quickly get estimated arrival times and step-by-step directions to destinations you’ve saved, like Home or Work, and other shortcuts you’ve designated in the app. For all other destinations, you can start navigating from your phone and pick up where you left off on your watch.
The other half of the announcement comes in the form of new Apple CarPlay Dashboard support. The feature will allow users to enjoy Google Maps navigation on their Home screen for the first time, right alongside other information and buttons like music controls and calendar entries.
In the CarPlay Dashboard you can now switch or pause songs from your favorite media app, rewind or fast forward podcasts or audiobooks, or quickly check calendar appointments without ever leaving turn-by-turn navigation in Google Maps. The information is displayed in a split screen view so you can get the information you need while keeping your focus on the road.
That all sounds pretty great to us and it’s always good to see companies adding new and improved support for Apple CarPlay. Now we just all need cars that support it, too.
If you have a car that doesn’t have Apple CarPlay, do you know you can add it yourself easily with a dongle? Check out more on this here.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 4 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 4 IPSW Links, iPadOS 14 Beta 4 Released
- iOS 14 Beta 4 OTA Profile File Download Released Without Dev Account, Here’s How To Get It
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.