Here’s how to jailbreak iOS 13.6 and iPadOS 13.6 using the extremely popular checkm8-based checkra1n on compatible iPhone and iPad hardware. For your benefit, we are also including a video walkthrough of the process.
As you may or may not already be aware, if you have an iPhone X or older, you are essentially set for life as far as jailbreaking goes. Well, for as long as the checkra1n team keeps updating the tool to support new firmware, of course. Because of the checkm8-based nature of this jailbreak, Apple is entirely unable to patch the exploit on certain devices.
If you have upgraded to the recently released iOS/iPadOS 13.6, then you can check out the embedded video tutorial below to see how you can liberate yourself from Apple’s walled garden.
Check out our full video tutorial on this here:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
The written instructions for the process are as follows:
Step 1: Launch your web browser of choice, jump on over to the Checkra1n website, and download the latest version of the jailbreak tool. Here’s the URL for you for quick access: checkra.in
Step 2: Once you have downloaded the tool, grab the downloaded DMG file and pull it into your /Applications folder.
Step 3: You may get an error saying that the Checkra1n app is not supported or trusted by the operating system. If you do, don’t panic and simply follow these steps, otherwise skip straight to step 4:
- Launch the System Preferences app and head into the Security & Privacy option.
- Click Open Anyway followed by Open and enter your password when prompted.
- Run the checkra1n app again, and it should work as intended.
Step 4: Once you have ensured that the Checkra1n app is running, connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using the correct Lightning cable.
Step 5: Jump into Options and check the “Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions” option. Once you have made sure that the option is checked, select Back.
Step 6: Click the Start button in the Checkra1n app and then select OK.
Step 7: Select Next and then follow the provided on-screen instructions. This will put your iPhone into DFU mode and will have varying steps depending on what device you are trying to jailbreak.
Step 8: Once Checkra1n detects that your device is in DFU mode, it will go about its business and jailbreak the device. This will result in the connected device being rebooted a few times. This is entirely normal so keep that in mind.
Step 9: Once it completes, unplug the device from your machine and launch the checkra1n app on your iPhone. Tap Cydia to install the iconic Cydia store and then tap Install Cydia to complete the process.
And there you have it! You will be left with a jailbroken device running iOS 13.6 with access to Cydia. Enjoy.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 3 IPSW Links And iPadOS 14 Beta 3 Released
- iOS 14 Beta 3 OTA Profile File Download Available Without Dev Account, Here’s How To Get It
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.