Apple and Epic Games aren’t getting along right now. That’s probably the understatement of what is turning out to be quite the year. The latest attempt by Epic to poke the bear comes with a new Fortnite tournament – the #FreeFortnite Cup.
The tournament will run on Sunday 23 and there will be 1,200 devices given away to those who win.
But none of those devices will be Apple-branded, presumably so iPhone and iPad users can get hold of something they can play the next season on. Apple has prevented Epic from updating Fortnite, meaning the next season won’t come to Apple’s devices. At least, not until this whole sordid mess is settled.
Celebrate the quest for one more Victory Royale with friends across all platforms in the #FreeFortnite Cup this Sunday, August 23. Drop in for an opportunity to win more prizes than ever before including the new Tart Tycoon Outfit, gaming hardware, and exclusive apparel.
Prizes include a PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch, a gaming notebook, and a couple of Android phones and tablets. All of which can be used to play Fortnite.
Anyone who currently plays on an iPhone or iPad will need to switch to another device as of next week, once season 4 drops. And that, right there, isn’t a great experience for Apple and Epic’s customers. Here’s hoping everything gets put to bed properly, soon.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 5 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect From Apple
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 5 Now Available
- iOS 14 Beta 5 OTA Profile File Download Released Without Dev Account
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Video Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.6.1 To iOS 13.6, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.6.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.6.1
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.