You can now download Kodi 17.4 APK final version for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and all other supported platforms. Here are the details.
It’s easy to forget with all the iPhone 8 noise that there is a whole world of technology out there and that it continues to revolve just as it always has. Part of that world is the ever popular media center software Kodi and it has today received a new update in which bug fixes are very much the order of the day.
Kodi is famous the world over for the Kodi boxes that have caused such a kerfuffle with law enforcement and the courts during which add-ons have been placed under ever increasing scrutiny. It is very important to remember that Kodi itself is perfectly legal and on top of that is a damn fine way of organizing and playing back all kinds of media, no matter where it happens to come from. With that in mind, it is always great news to hear that the folks behind Kodi have been hard at work on a new release, and today we lean of Kodi 17.4’s release to the public after having multiple nightly and a single release candidate build.
While Kodi’s developers are already hard at work on the next major release, Kodi v18, work continues on bug fixes for existing releases like Krypton regardless. That’s great news for Kodi users, and this new release brings with it a bunch of fixes that may just squash any bugs you were experiencing before today. We heartily recommend updating ASAP, as always.
So what’s been fixed this time around? According to Kodi:
Fixes done in this release:
- Potentially fix crashing on Windows due to an issue in Python
- Potentially fix crashing on Windows when enabling zeroconf
- Fix sporadic crash on Windows when installing or updating add-ons
- Fix issue for users with reverse proxies attempting to forward websockets.
- Fix possible issue if Linux distro uses system ffmpeg and cause black screen with 10-bit H.265
- Properly throttle scraping music information online to prevent overloading the provider
- Fix native keyboard on iOS 11
- Fix potential crash on Android O loading App icons
- Fix non showing Kodi banner on Android O
- Fix potential crash on Android with certain keymaps
- Fix wrong detection of VP6 and VP8 videocodec on Android
- Update FFmpeg to 3.1.9
- Set hard requirement to use FFmpeg 3.1.x only
- Fix for Hangup when viewing recording and pressing next/previous
- Fix merged scraped album type and label correctly with that derived from tags from music files
- Fix possible crash on Linux when using ALSA
- Save skin settings immediately after they have changed instead of only on shutdown
There is plenty there and we hope any issues you have hit in the past are rectified following the installation of Kodi v17.4. If not, hey, there’s always next time!
Kodi 17.4 final version can be downloaded for all supported platforms from kodi.tv/download.
You may also like to check out:
- New In iOS 11 Beta 7: Release Notes, Changes, Features
- Download iOS 11 Public Beta 6 And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo Final OTA Update, Factory Images For Pixel And Nexus Devices
- Download iOS 11 Beta 7 IPSW, As Well As Beta 7 Of macOS 10.13, tvOS 11, watchOS 4
- Download iOS 11 Beta 7 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.3 / 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.