Apple recently made a new Xcode 11.4 beta available to developers.
The release came alongside iOS 13.4, tvOS 13.5, and macOS 10.15.4 betas as well, and it added new support for universal purchases.
The change will come into force in March and will allow Mac developers to sell apps for multiple platforms in a single bundle for the first time ever. The apps won’t be in a single binary, but with Catalina bringing Catalyst to the table, it’s clearly the end game here.
Starting in March 2020, you’ll be able to distribute iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS versions of your app as a universal purchase, allowing customers to enjoy your app and in‑app purchases across platforms by purchasing only once. You can choose to create a new app for these platforms using a single app record in App Store Connect or add platforms to your existing app record. Get started by building and testing your apps using a single bundle ID with Xcode 11.4 beta.
That’s good news for both developers and users alike. Both will benefit from a single price and purchase that will enable the download of apps across all of Apple’s platforms once it kicks in this March.
The feature will automatically be enabled for all apps built using Xcode 11.4 that use Catalyst with all apps using the same bundle identifier as a means of linking them together.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.4 Beta 1 Released
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download Checkra1n iOS 13.3.1 Jailbreak IPA, Here’s How [0.9.8 beta]
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.