Activision kicked off Season 2 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare earlier today, rolling out a massive update to the game that adds new maps and weapons as well as a fresh battle pass, with series favorite Ghost making a return as a premium reward. What draws even more attention than the sheer size of the update or the changes that it brings is the new season’s cinematic intro, which seems to hint at the addition of a battle royale mode, or something very similar.
The video shows a squad of soldiers engaging enemies before their point man mentions “gas” closing in on their position. Ghost then drops in on the scene, asking Capt. Price to “send fighters [he] can trust.” The cinematic concludes with an aerial view of a vast, busy battlefield, with more soldiers dropping in from a dropship and a massive cloud of green gas on the horizon. Each and every one of those things scream BR, but we won’t know for sure until Activision confirms the same.
The game’s title screen has also been updated with a new, currently inaccessible, section that simply reads “classified.”
If the teaser is indeed for a BR mode, it wouldn’t be a first for the franchise. 2018’s Black Ops 4 brought solo, duo, and squad battle royale to Call of Duty with a new Blackout mode. The immensely popular Call of Duty: Mobile too features its own version of battle royale.
If and when the new mode is launched, it’ll be interesting to see how it stacks up against other major players in the BR space. Blackout seemed to have been received fairly well when it was released, but it quickly dipped under the BR radar.
Video via GameSpot [YouTube]
Apart from the possibility of a new BR mode, Season 2 brings two new multiplayer maps, two new 2v2 Gunfight maps, and a new Ground War map in addition to two new base weapons – the GRAU 5.56 and STRIKER 45. The new battle pass, purchasing which will instantly unlock the badass Simon “Ghost” Riley, features “over 100 tiers of exciting new content” and will allow buyers to earn up to 1300 CP.
Update: A glitch is allowing certain players to enter the menu of the presumed BR mode, which has revealed the name to indeed be “Warzone,” corroborating earlier leaks. One Twitter user has even posted a video of the entire map.
Call of Duty: #Modernwarfare leaked BR map video (Warzone) pic.twitter.com/NuANsMknGr
— Tattle (@Tattle_news) February 12, 2020
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile, IPSW Links Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.