With AirPods Pro still shiny and new, Apple is reportedly working with partners to get so-called AirPods Pro Lite earbuds ready for sale. That’s according to a new DigiTimes report.
That report notes that Apple is speaking with Taiwanese supply chain companies in order to get new iPad, iMac, and Apple Watch products ready to be released this year. But it’s the mention of AirPods Pro Lite that really caught our attention.
Apple is apparently keen to find a way to reduce its reliance on China when producing the new earbuds, particularly given the recent coronavirus outbreak that has brought production of other technology to its knees.
Apple, maintaining partnerships with supply chains in both Taiwan and China, may have its Taiwanese partners handle more production of new-generation iPad, Apple Watch, AirPod Pro Lite and iMac devices to be released later, as the epidemic has raised risks of raw materials supply shortages and shipments disruptions arising from uncertain resumption of normal operations at components suppliers and assembly plants in China, the sources said.
We’d expect Apple to remove some functionality in order to meet a new, lower price point – it’s possible the impressive active noise cancellation would be on the list of removals.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile, IPSW Links Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak