The 71st Emmy Awards will take place this coming September and with the nominations now announced Apple finds itself in contention. Two of its ads have been nominated for Outstanding Commercial 2019, with both of them having been made with the WBWA ad agency.
The two nominations for Outstanding Commercial are Shot on iPhone XS – Don’t Mess with Mother, and Behind the Ma – Make Something Wonderful.
The 2019 Emmys will take place on September 14th at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT and the nominations were announced yesterday on the Television Academy’s Emmys website. Apple has two of the five nominations which gives it a good chance of picking up a win. The other nominations include those from the likes of Netflix and Nike.
Apple’s Shot on iPhone XS – Don’t Mess with Mother ad is a minute of wildlife and nature shots taken with the iPhone XS. As always, those shots are impressive in the extreme making it almost impossible to believe that they were taken on the same phone many of us have in our pockets. The ad is also accompanies by Megadeth’s Last Rites soundtrack.
Behind the Mac – Make Something Wonderful is scored by Sky from Hauschka and follows famous content creators as they ego about doing their thing on, you guessed it, a Mac. It’s all in black and white, too, adding to the overall aesthetic.
Whether Apple picks up the win or not, both of these ads are typically impressive and stand well above most of the other ads we see on our TVs daily.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Along With That Of iPadOS 13 Beta 4
- iOS 13 Beta 4 Profile File Download Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]