Apple’s 10-year anniversary smartphone, iPhone X, is finally here and with its launch, we got new Leather and Silicone cases. Alongside these, the company released an all-new Leather Folio case, which is the one I was looking forward to checking out the most.
The Silicone case comes in various colors to choose from and we opted for the Dark Olive option. The case has a silky soft exterior finish with the side and volume buttons being covered up. Inside, you get a soft microfiber lining. My personal experience of Apple’s silicone-based cases is that when first using them, you’ll feel they are a little slippery, but with use, they’ll break in and start developing some grip.
The Leather case is usually my go-to case with any iPhone as it looks and feels nice. It is made out of European Leather and is quite thin. Also, unlike the silicone case, this one comes with aluminum volume and Side button covers. Surprisingly, it does quite well to protects the phone without adding too much bulk. I’ve dropped my iPhone several times on concrete or hard floors and luckily haven’t experienced cracks or damage on the device itself. Falls on hard or sharp surfaces do tend to add scuffs to the leather, but the case as a whole remains intact.
When it comes to the Leather Folio case, this is a brand new case Apple has made for the new iPhone X. It is very similar to the Leather case, but with slots to carry your cards, notes, and cash. It, too, comes with microfiber lining inside and aluminum button covers. One downside of such cases is the flap. Though it makes it so you might not have to carry your wallet, it does get tough trying to snap a photo or video as you’ll need to hold the phone and case with both hands to do so.
The flap does give you a wake and sleep feature that wakes the device when you open the case, and put it to sleep when you close it.
Overall, Apple’s cases are well made and will last a while, though they are pretty pricey, with the Leather Folio case coming in at $99, the Silicone case at $39, and the Leather case at $49. The Leather case will most likely remain my go-to case this time as well.
Check out our full impressions in the video below:
You may also like to check out:
- Pokemon Go 1.51.1 IPA And 0.81.1 APK Hack Available To Download Now
- iPhone X Control Center And Notification Center: How To Access Them
- iPhone X Multitasking App Switcher, Force Quit Apps: How To Invoke Them
- Download iOS 11.2 Beta 2 IPSW Links And OTA For iPhone X
- Download iOS 11.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update Of Final Version
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1, 11.0.3 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1 / 11.0.3 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]