After announcing it during WWDC in June, Apple has now made iCloud+ custom domains available in beta form. Users can go to beta.icloud.com and create their custom domain from there.
The change was first spotted by Applesfera and will require iCloud subscribers to also pay for iCloud storage via iCloud+. While Apple hasn’t made a big fuss about the addition of custom domains for iCloud email, it does at least mention it on the iOS 15 preview webpage — albeit briefly.
Personalize your iCloud Mail address with a custom domain name, and invite family members to use the same domain with their iCloud Mail accounts.
Being able to use Apple’s iCloud Mail features with a custom domain is a big deal for people who have had to deal with using Microsoft or Google solutions instead.
The move will potentially see people switch from those providers and bring their domains to Apple, although it is still early days for the feature and we will have to wait and see how the process works.
Those wanting to give this a try need to:
- Visit beta.icloud.com.
- Click on iCloud Settings on the main page.
- Click on “Manage” within the “Custom Email domain” area.
- Choose whether the domain will be available to your whole Family Sharing group.
- Configure your new domain’s name and make decisions on email forwarding, etc.
- Complete the setup process.
When that’s done, everything should work as expected. But this is a beta, after all, so keep that in mind before switching.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 7 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 7 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- iOS 15 Beta 5 Download Expected Release Date
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.