Apple has today announced updated AirPods Pro as part of its September 7 Far Out event, with the new earbuds available for pre-order from Friday, September 9. The updated AirPods Pro will go on sale on September 23 and sell for $249.
To look at, little has changed with the new earbuds. They have the same stems that we’re familiar with but there’s a new XS ear tip for those who prefer that fit.
Inside, a new H2 chip handles connectivity and sound processing, with Apple saying that “AirPods Pro now offer richer bass and crystal-clear sound across a wider range of frequencies.”
Apple also says that the new AirPods Pro benefit from improved Transparency mode as well as better active noise cancelation capabilities, but it’s a matter for debate as to how much of a difference people will actually notice.
One improvement that is definitely noteworthy is the new touch-sensitive controls. Now, users can swipe on the earbud stems to control the volume for the first time, something that could make a big difference when using the AirPods Pro without easy access to the device that’s playing audio.
Unfortunately, the new AirPods Pro don’t come in any new colors, leaving white as the only option for those who are picking these things up.
There’s a new Charging Case, though, with U1 capabilities and a speaker so it can make noise the next time you lose it. Speaking of losing it, there’s also support for the Find My app.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 15.6.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.6.1 Final IPSW Links OTA Files And iPadOS 15.6.1 Released
- iOS 16 Beta Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Final Release Date Announced, Here’s When You Can Get It
- Download: iOS 16 RC IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone Released
- iOS 16 RC Profile File Download Of OTA Update Without Dev Account Released
- Download iOS 16 Beta RC IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus, iPad [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.