Let me get this straight outta the gate: Google’s Android mobile OS is coming soon to iPhone 4!! Android can already run on iPhone EDGE (2G), 3G and iPod touch. The ports don’t work as well as they should do. since iPhone and Android don’t go along well (power management not optimized, iPhone’s battery drops to zero within a few hours) but it’s definitely great if you want to try out the so called open-ness of Android.
Patched kernel to accept oversized NOR images, lucky there is room left – 1 step closer to userland idroid installation (for older devices)
Ex-Chronic Dev Team member, and the hacker behind the SHAtter exploit for iOS 4.1 jailbreak pod2g retweeted cpich3g and then confirmed (in a reply to @aligreens) that this means that Android will soon be seen running on iPhone 4.
We’ll inform you when it is actually possible and available for the general public to try out. We will post a guide on how to do the whole install Android on iPhone 4 thing. Stay tuned!
Till then, why don’t you go ahead and take out your old iPhone EDGE from the closet and try out Android on it?
You may also like to check out:
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G / 2G, and iPad 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe 2.0
- How to Unlock iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak (PwnageTool, Redsn0w), Unlock and Downgrade iOS 4.0.2 [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G with Redsn0w, Ultrasn0w, PwnageTool, GreenPois0n, and, SHAtter [Downgrade]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.2 with PwnageTool, Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze [Downgrade]