Amazon is rolling out new software updates to a number of its routers today, all with the aim of adding HomeKit support for the first time.
The update will be available for Eero, Eero Pro, and Eero Beacon devices so long as they are running eeroOS 3.18.0 or later. Once that’s done, users can head to the Eerop app on an iPhone before tapping the “Discover” tab. There, they can follow the on-screen instructions for getting up and running with HomeKit support.
Once that’s done, the router will be available in the Home app on iPhones, iPads, and Macs. That will in turn allow for more granular control over which HomeKit accessories have connectivity to the wider internet with, again, it all being handled via that Home app.
When taking control of an accessory’s connection to the internet, users ultimately have three different options to choose from as explained by Apple.
- Restrict to Home: Most secure. Your accessory can interact only with HomeKit through your Apple devices. The accessory won’t connect to the Internet or any local devices so any third-party services, like firmware updates, might be blocked.
- Automatic: Default security. Your accessory can communicate with HomeKit and connections recommended by its manufacturer.
- No Restriction: Least secure. This setting bypasses the secure router and allows your accessory to interact with any device in your network or Internet-based service.
Eero’s addition of support for HomeKit is a big deal for users of HomeKit-enabled homes. But there’s one downside here – Apple suggests that anyone setting up a HomeKit router should remove and then re-install all HomeKit-compatible accessories and devices. And that right there doesn’t sound like our idea of fun one little bit.
You may also like to check out:
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.