Some people love the fact that Facebook-owned WhatsApp now has the ability to delete messages and sent media. Others, however, think it’s a terrible idea and still want to see everything that has been sent without fear of missing out.
Well, we have some good news and are here to let you know that if you fall into the latter bracket of individuals then it’s entirely possible to prevent content from being deleted on the iOS platform. Now that we have your interest piqued, let’s dive right in and take a look at the process.
Step 1: You are going to need a few things to get started. First of all, you will need to download the Watusi-for-WhatsApp IPA file. This is essentially like a “WhatsApp++” type apps which modifies the WhatsApp experience. There are two versions of this available depending on whether you want to overwrite the original WhatsApp or if you want to have this installed as a duplicate. Head over to the apps GitHub page here to download the latest version of your choice and the follow the instructions here on how to install it.
Step 2: Now that you have the chosen IPA of your choice, you are going to need to download the Cydia Impactor tool in order to sideload the IPA to your connected iOS device. If you don’t have it, you can grab it from here.
Step 3: Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac and run Cydia Impactor. When the device is connected, drag the Watusi-for-WhatsApp IPA onto the Cydia Impactor interface.
Step 4: When prompted, enter your Apple ID and password. Remember, if this is Apple ID is not associated with a paid Apple Developer account, then you will have to re-sign the app every 7-days.
Step 5: Wait for the Watusi-for-WhatsApp app to be installed to your device and then head to Settings > General > Profile(s) & Device Management and select the profile associated with this installation. Select Trust and then Trust again.
Step 6: Now, open Watusi-for-WhatsApp and set the app up just like you would with WhatsApp. Select Settings > Watusi Preferences > Chat Add-ons and then make sure that Keep Contacts Revoked Messages is toggled to the ON position.
And voila! There you have it. Now, when a contact deletes messages or sent media, including photos and videos, they will still be visible on your Watusi-for-WhatsApp installation.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4 Beta 3 On iPhone X, 8, 7 Using Electra, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta 3, 2, 1 IPSW Download And Jailbreak Using Electra Now Possible
- Download iOS 11.4.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad [Devs Only]
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 Configuration Profile File Without Developer Account
- Jailbreak iOS 11.4.1 Update: Ian Beer Releases Updated iOS KDP Kernel Debugger But It’s Not What You Think It Is
- Download iOS 12 Beta 4 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]