According to the sources close to MacDailyNews, the upcoming Verizon iPhone will support Verizon’s new faster LTE network for 4G data, and it will be announced right after Christmas. The report also cites that Verizon is waiting for AT&T exclusivity to end after which they are going to market it as the only LTE (4G-capable) iPhone.
(image via jfingas)
• Verizon held management training for iPhone sales last week
• Verizon had functioning iPhones (LTE-capable) in management hands for the training sessions
• Formal announcement coming right "after christmas", was
• The formal announcement of the iPhones Verizon debut is coming right after Christmas; "Apparently ATT’s final demand so as to maximize ATT’s Christmas iPhone sales"
• The Verizon iPhone will be immediately available upon formal announcement
• Device has been "100% cooked for quite a while" and already shipping in bulk to Verizon warehouses
• The Verizon iPhone is not being shipped to any 3rd-party retailers in an effort to control leaks
• Verizon agreed to take 100% responsibility for security, so all the devices will be in their hands until the official announcement date, and they will then distribute thru channels in massive manner (hence early stockpiling)
• The new iPhone is an LTE device and that fact – the only "LTE iPhone," exclusive to Verizon – will be the main marketing theme; i.e. "For the new ‘4G’ (cough) verizon network" that Verizon has already started promoting
• As rollout of LTE not actually widepsread, Verizon iPhone will have multi-band chip backward compatibility with regular CDMA
• iPhone 5 was planned to debut in summer as LTE-only, for all contracted carriers, but the clock is ticking and nobody thinks either Verizon or AT&T can get to critical mass to offer an LTE-only version
• Steve Jobs is said to be upset that carriers cannot seem to get their LTE act together more quickly
• Apple is "helping" U.S. carriers (money?) to build out LTE more quickly
This report should of course be taken with a huge grain of salt as there is only one unnamed “credible” source behind this story.