Tesla’s AI day saw the announcement that the company is working on a humanoid robot, but while that might never see the light of day there’s one product that very likely will — a supercomputer called Dojo.
Set to become the beating heart and brains behind Tesla’s Autopilot systems, Tojo was announced Ganesh Venkataramanan, Tesla’s Senior Director of Autopilot hardware, according to an Eletrek report.
The Dojo D1 chip is based on a 7nm manufacturing architecture and delivers “breakthrough bandwidth and compute performance,” according to the report.
This was entirely designed by Tesla team internally. All the way from the architecture to the package. This chip is like GPU-level compute with a CPU level flexibility and twice the network chip level IO bandwidth.
Tesla made its usual lofty claims about the chip, claiming that it has 36TB per second of bandwidth per Training Tile — a collection of 500,000 nodes, the company says.
What’s more, Tesla says that it can combine up to three tiles and two trays in a cabinet that will be capable of 100 PFlops of compute power.
Of course, none of this really matters because Tesla “hasn’t put that system together yet.” Tesla reckons it’ll have something like this ready by next year — but we all know what Tesla’s timelines are like.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 6 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- iOS 15 Beta 5 Download Expected Release Date
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.