Apple is reportedly considering using titanium for the chassis of upcoming iPads. The news comes via sources cited by industry outlet DigiTimes.
Current iPads are made from aluminum-based metal, but that could change in the future. The DigiTimes report was one more widely about the upcoming 9th-generation iPad, with the switch to titanium mentioned almost in passing.
The new iPad will also equip with aluminum-alloy chassis that will be processed by PVD. The sources also revealed that Apple is also considering equipping iPads with titanium-based metal chassis, but the high costs for doing so may not be economical at the moment.
We’ve been hearing that Apple has considered switching some future iPhones to titanium, a material that has so far been used in Apple Watches. Previous patents have also suggested that titanium could find a home in Macs and other products, too.
Putting titanium into a product would theoretically make it tougher and less likely to warping and scratching. It isn’t a cheap method of constructing anything, however, so it’s likely we will see the higher-end products move to titanium before the mid-range devices do. Expect Pro model iPhones and the iPad Pro get titanium before anything else, for example.
It is important to remember that DigiTimes has a somewhat hit-and-miss track record, however. Keep that in mind before getting your hopes up for a titanium iPad any time soon.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 6 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- iOS 15 Beta 5 Download Expected Release Date
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.