Tesla has taken the decision to remove the charging cable hardware that came with all of its cars, meaning anyone who now buys one will need to shell out $400 for a level 2 charger or $275 for a level 1 charger.
The move, which has already come in for considerable backlash among Tesla buyers, means that those who want to be able to charge their Tesla via a normal plug socket will now need to buy additional kit.
What’s more, those who already have orders for a new Tesla being processed will not receive the charger, despite it being part of the specification when the purchase was made.
Tesla has already reduced the price of its mobile charging cable by $75, but that isn’t much use when the cable appears to be perpetually out of stock. As for why the change was made, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said via Twitter that usage of the cable was low, suggesting it wasn’t required. The backlash would suggest that wasn’t entirely representative of how people feel.
“Usage statistics were super low, so seemed wasteful. On the (minor) plus side, we will be including more plug adapters with the mobile connector kit.”
As Electrek points out, this isn’t the first time an EV has shipped without such a charger. But it’s the first time that a company has backtracked on a previous sales model.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 15.4.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Files Along With iPadOS 15.4.1 Released
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.