Tesla’s 2020 Holiday Update, with firmware version 2020.48.25, is finally here, and it brings with it a brand new “Boombox” mode that will likely delight a lot of Tesla owners and annoy the heck out of the public.
Firmware version 2020.48.25 arrived just in time for the Christmas period and brought with it a number of changes. Musk’s Tesla has added new games to compatible vehicles, some smaller user-experience changes, amended visuals, and, of course, the aforementioned Boombox feature that lets compatible model owners change how their horn sounds to the outside world.
This Boombox mode applies to Model S, Model X, Model 3, and Model Y vehicles and essentially means that drivers can deviate away from the standard-sounding horn and make it sound like one of many built-in sound effects. Owners can make their horn sound like a goat, a round-of-applause, a fart, or a few other pre-loaded effects. Alternatively, for those people who a compatible Tesla and who want to be extra annoying to the outside world, it is also possible to upload up to five custom sounds via connected USB drive.
When in use, Tesla owners will get the standard factory horn sound before the custom-selected sound kicks in and takes over.
Anyone wanting to take full advantage of the new Boombox mode will need to be in ownership of a newer model Tesla that is equipped with an external speaker system. It is also worth noting that the feature comes with an on-screen prompt that advises drivers to “please check local laws before use in public spaces.”
If you are looking for the new Boombox feature on your external speaker-equipped Tesla, then you will find it under the Toybox menu on the system’s UI. Within that menu, you will also find a slew of new games, including The Battle of Polytopia, Cat Quest, and more.
Change your horn sound to 🐐, 🐍🎷, 💨 or holiday jingles with latest Tesla software update!
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 25, 2020
This new Boombox feature is definitely going to introduce a lot of fun into driving a compatible Tesla but it’s worth noting that this could become extremely annoying to the general public extremely quickly. If you are going to be taking advantage of this feature, then make sure to use it responsibly.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.3 Released
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.3 The Easy Way [Guide]+
- Download: iOS 14.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links And OTA Along With iPadOS 14.4 Released
- Jailbreak iOS 14.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.