Sony is reportedly working on a brand new portable gaming system, but those hoping for the revival of the PSP or Vita are sure to be left disappointed.
That’s because the new handheld isn’t anything like a traditional portable gaming machine. Instead, it’s little more than a remote play device for the PS5.
That’s according to a new report by Insider Gaming which says the console will require a constant internet connection to work, while a PS5 will be the host of the games. This isn’t a cloud gaming device, you’ll need that PS5 and games for it to work.
The report says that the machine with have an 8-inch screen with controls similar to a PS5 DualSense controller for obvious reasons.
As for the console’s physical features, early prototypes show the console will look a lot like a PlayStation 5 controller, but with a massive 8-inch LCD touchscreen in the center. The device sports adaptive triggers for haptic feedback and will include what you would come to expect from a handheld – Volume buttons, speakers, an audio input jack, etc.
Dubbed the Q Lite, it’s thought that the machine is now in the QA phase of development and will ship before the PS5 Pro — a console that is said to be slated for a holiday 2024 unveiling.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Out Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.4 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.4 Final OTA File, IPSW Links Released
- Install macOS Ventura On Unsupported Macs Using OpenCore, Here’s How
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.