If there is one thing we can say about DigiTimes, it’s that it can be notoriously hit and miss when it comes to reliability. That’s why we always have to take reports via the outlet with a pinch of salt, but that does not mean that they should be discounted.
The latest surrounds the iPhone X, suggesting that demand for Apple’s high-end smartphone is lower than had been expected.
While this would be counter to what some analysts have claimed, what really makes the report of note is the claim that Apple will counter lower demand by reducing the price of its most recently released devices. That means that anyone looking to pick an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus could potentially do so at a reduced price soon enough.
According to the report, Apple plans to reduce the price of its newest iPhones in order to try and kickstart demand. This comes after supposedly sluggish sales in some key markets, including Taiwan, the U.S., and Singapore. While it is not unheard of for Apple to reduce the price of older generation iPhones in September, when a new release comes, the report suggests that we could see the current crop of iPhones receive a price reduction sooner than that – early in 2018.
With three new iPhones again expected to be announced towards the back end of 2018, we could potentially see a rejig of the iPhone lineup once more. If Apple is indeed keen to increase sales of the iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus by reducing their pricing then it would be interesting to see whether a further reduction would take place in September as normal. We would also be curious whether the new 2018 iPhones would launch at the same price point of their 2017 counterparts, too.
Time will tell, but for now, we would warn against taking the report as gospel. If you’re in the market for a new iPhone right now, we certainly wouldn’t hold off on a purchase in case of a reduction in price.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 10.3.3 Jailbreak Meridian For 64-Bit Devices Demoed, Coming Soon
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.1 / 11.2 / 11.2.5 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- LiberiOS iOS 11 Jailbreak, Cydia And Substrate: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 Using LiberiOS, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- LiberiOS iOS 11.1.2 / iOS 11 Jailbreak IPA Download For iPhone X, 8 And Other Devices Released
- Jailbreak tvOS 11 / 11.1 On Apple TV 4 / 4K Using LiberTV 1.1
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]