The wait is over. LiberTV11 (LiberTV 11.1) – the first public tvOS 11 jailbreak – has been released for both Apple TV 4 and Apple TV 4K devices.
The jailbreak tool is created by Jonathan Levin, author of various macOS and iOS security books, and is based on exploits released by Google’s Ian Beer.
The updated version of LiberTV jailbreak supports tvOS 11.0 up to tvOS 11.1 on both the 4th-genertion Apple TV 4 as well as the fifth-generation Apple TV 4K. With this jailbreak, you will have SSH access and can run any self-signed binary as it gives you full root access on the box.
LiberTV 1.1 comes in sideloadable IPA form and you can grab it from the official link here.
As for installing and using it to jailbreak, you have two options. Sign it using your Apple ID developer account and sideload it either using Cydia Impactor (Apple TV 4 only, not 4K) or Xcode, guide for using both are linked below:
- Sideload Apps On Apple TV 4K / tvOS 11 Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac With Cydia Impactor Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
Once done, you should have a jailbroken Apple TV running tvOS 11. Remember, this jailbreak supports tvOS 11.0-11.1 only. If you have already updated to tvOS 11.2.x, you are out of luck as there’s no way now to go back to the older version.
Good luck jailbreaking and enjoy the liberation!
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak To.Panga Released For Developers
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.3 Using h3lix, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- h3lix iOS 10.3.3 Jailbreak IPA Download Released For 32-Bit iPhone And iPad, Here Are The Details
- Download iOS 11.2.1 IPSW Links And OTA Update With Critical Fix
- Download iOS 11, 11.2, 11.1.2 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.2.1 To 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.2.1 / 11.1.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.