USB charging cables aren’t the most interesting things in the world. Most of us try to avoid thinking about them wherever possible. If a good cable is doing its job you probably forget all about it, only seeing it when you plug it into something. You might not even do that if it’s connected to a wireless charger. But the Lauco USB-C cables are a little different. They stand out.
We’ll get to why in a moment.
Most of the time we only notice our cables when they break or just seem to stop working for no apparent reason. That’s when we head to Amazon to pick up a replacement. Usually, the cheapest we can find and then, like clockwork, we’re doing it all over again in a few months.
Got kids? Those cheap cables might not last weeks, let alone months.
Lauco cables claim to be different, though. The main talking points and what Lauco Technology hopes will make them stand above the crowded market:
- Two cables are available. USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to Lightning – MFi-certified, no less.
- All cables support 100W fast charging.
- All cables also support 4K video at 60Hz.
- They are all capable of shifting data at 10Gbps, too. That’s USB 3.1 Gen 2 for those wondering.
- Every cable comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Each cable can, if you really need them to, carry up to 500KG of weight.
- They’re all made from kevlar
There’s more, too. But you get the idea by now.
The folks at Lauco Technologies sent me a couple of cables to test out – one of each, to be precise. Since they arrived a couple of weeks ago I’ve been using them in a few different ways. The USB-C to USB-C cable has been handling iPad Pro duties charging and providing a connection to my Mac mini for Sidecar. The USB-C to Lightning cable has been doing what you’d expect by powering iPhones and AirPods Pro around the house.
So far, so good.
To set the scene, you need to know about our home. My wife and I have two young children who both have their own iPhone (it’s a mini iPad in reality) and iPad. Both use Lightning cables a lot. We also have iPhones, AirPods Pros, Nintendo Switches, the iPad Pro I mentioned earlier, and more that all need to be juiced up. We use a lot of cables and we get through a lot, too.
So far everyone is surprisingly keen on these two cables. Whether it’s the fact they feel way sturdier than most cable, or just the fact that I told the kids they’re made out of the same stuff as bullet-proof vests, I don’t know. But Lightning cable is now the only one they’ll use. Go figure.
If there’s one thing I can really say about these cables, it’s that I forget they’re there. I mentioned in the opening that that’s what makes a good cable and these Lauco cables are just that – good cables. With their 100W rating and 10Gbps throughput, they’re going to do anything you need them to do. Whether you’re transferring gigabytes of data or charging a power-hungry MacBook Pro, these cables will do the job. And really, what more can we ask for from a cable? There’s even a leather cable tie that looks and feels way nicer than it ever needed to.
At the time of writing these cables are selling on Indiegogo for $18 apiece. That isn’t a huge sum of money for a good, solid cable. You can see someone pulling a car over there, too.
So that’s a thing that apparently happened.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.5 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.5 Beta 4
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Screen Protector: Here Are The Best You Can Buy Today [List]
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Case: Here Are The Best Ones You Can Get Today [List]
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 / iPadOS 13.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak