Anyone hoping that Apple might usher in the return of Touch ID embedded into the display with the upcoming iPhone 13 will be disappointed to learn that is very unlikely, according to a new report.
Writing in his weekly Power On newsletter, Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman says that we shouldn’t expect Apple to bring Touch ID back to its flagship iPhones this year.
It’s also possible that we won’t see Apple bring Touch ID to the flagship iPhones in the future, too, with Gurman suggesting Apple would rather put Face ID inside the display so as to remove the notch.
While Apple had tested in-screen Touch ID for the next flagship iPhones, it won’t make the cut this year. I believe Apple is all-in on Face ID for its higher-end iPhones and its long-term goal is to implement Face ID in the display itself.
Gurman believes it’s now likely that Apple will keep Touch ID as something offered by its mid-range iPhones, namely the iPhone SE and its successors. That could make plenty of sense, although some had hoped that Apple would put Face ID and Touch ID into flagship iPhones in the future. The move is something that many had thought was in the cards given Face ID’s issues in a world where people are wearing masks more than ever.
Apple is set to announce the iPhone 13 lineup at some point next month, although it isn’t year clear exactly when that announcement will take place.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 6 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- iOS 15 Beta 5 Download Expected Release Date
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.