Tesla currently has the EV to beat with the speedy Model S Plaid, but it’s about to get some competition according to a new report.
If correct, Porsche is getting ready to launch a new Taycan with a tri-motor configuration, and a price to boot.
While few people ever get the chance to really get the top speed out of any of these modern high-spec electric cars, that doesn’t mean that there isn’t a market for some that can go even faster.
The Model S Plaid has already proven popular, but Porsche is ready to improve its own Taycan in ways that would allow it to better compete with the Plaid’s performance. According to a report by Auto Express, getting into one of those tri-motor cars is going to cost.
The Taycan range kicks off with the entry-level rear-wheel drive version, and the new tri-motor variant should supersede the Turbo S as the fastest model available. Given the upgrades, we predict a slight increase over the Taycan’s £75,500 starting price, with the upcoming flagship costing well in excess of the £142,400 Turbo S.
There’s currently no indication of when the Taycan could hit the market but you can probably start saving now if one is on your wishlist. It’ll probably be easier to get hold of than a Model S Plaid as well. Whether it will look better or not, we’ll let you decide.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 Final OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.1 Final OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.