Want to jailbreak iOS 16.1 final version on your iPhone or iPad? Here’s the latest status update on the matter.
If you’re looking at the latest iOS 16.1 update and wondering whether you should install it on your iPhone or iPad, you’re in the right place — especially if you’re concerned about whether you will be able to jailbreak once you do.
Apple’s iOS 16.1 update is now available for download and it brings with it a number of new features.
The iPadOS 16.1 update for iPad is also the first time that features like editable iMessages and the ability to unsend emails have come to Apple’s tablet. There are plenty of reasons to update, but if you’re interested in jailbreaking there are some things that you need to remember.
There’s currently no iOS 16.1 jailbreak available to download and install which means you won’t be able to install third-party tweaks and whatnot, at least not if you’re using a modern iPhone like the brand new iPhone 14. That could change in the future, of course, but that’s the situation right now.
There is some better news if you’re using an older version of the iPhone, though. The iPhone X and iPhone 8 are jailbroken at the bootrom level, meaning they can’t be patched by Apple and will remain jailbreakable for good. You might need to wait for your favorite jailbreaking tool to be updated to fully support it, but there is no need for a brand-new jailbreak here.
We’ll keep our ears to the ground and our eyes peeled for news of a proper iOS 16.1 jailbreak, but there’s no telling when it might arrive. If indeed, it ever does.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 Final OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.1 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.1 Final OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.