Users of Nest smart kit will need to have two-factor authentication enabled on their accounts soon, according to a change on a Nest help page.
The change will come into place as soon as this month, with two-factor authentication required.
Users may also migrate to a Google account with email-based authentication if they like. Nest first announced that it was going to make this move earlier in the year.
The time has come, and beginning in May, Nest will be adding this new account security feature. When a new login is initiated, you’ll receive an email from email@example.com with a six digit verification code to be entered in order to successfully sign in. This code is to verify it is you trying to access your account and without this code, you will not be able to log in.
The move comes after multiple reports that some Nest accounts – and Nest security cameras – were being compromised due to poor password choices by their users. Google took pains to make sure users knew that there was no data security issue beyond that caused by users themselves by failing to use unique and secure passwords.
Everyone should really be using two-factor authentication on all accounts that offer it to ensure that bad actors can’t gain access to them even if they do have the usernames and passwords.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.5 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.5 Beta 3 Released
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Screen Protector: Here Are The Best You Can Buy Today [List]
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Case: Here Are The Best Ones You Can Get Today [List]
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 / iPadOS 13.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak