Apple announced iOS 14, and with it the much requested and hotly anticipated support for app widgets on the Home screen. Putting too many widgets on your iPhone’s Home screen will pretty quickly lead to it looking cluttered and too busy.
That is something that can be avoided by stacking widgets on top of each other, and was very low key mentioned by Apple at the WWDC opening keynote.
Apple is calling it Smart Stacks, and its basically a process of stacking widgets which works just as you might expect it to, too. Dragging one widget on top of another will create a stack, just like creating app folders works.
Switching between the multiple widgets in a single stack is as simple as swiping vertically on whatever widget is currently at the top. It’s intuitive and quick. Best of all, the widgets will change dynamically depending on your use, and time of day as iOS 14 learns your usage pattern.
Developers are currently taking the iOS 14 update for a spin and public beta testers will be able to do the same as soon as next month.
Those who want to wait for the final release will likely be hanging around until September. But so far it looks like that might well be a worthwhile wait – there’s plenty too look forward to here.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- iOS 14 Beta 1 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- iOS 14 Hidden Features On iPhone And iPad That You Don’t Know About [List]
- Download: iOS 13.6 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File, Beta 2 Of iPadOS 13.6 Released
- iOS 13.5.1 Downgrade No Longer Possible After Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.5 Jailbreak Firmware
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.5.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.