Apple doesn’t tend to change the screensavers that it ships with macOS all that often so when it does, it’s worth taking note. The company slipped a new screensaver into macOS 10.15 Catalina beta 3 this week.
The new screensaver, called Drift, is made up of an array of multi-colored 3D light array that moves and pulses similar to a wave would. That makes for a gorgeous effect that also resembles something you might see deep in an ocean.
It’s certainly a gorgeous screensaver and we found ourselves staring at it for longer than we’d care to admit.
This screensaver is far from the biggest reason to update to macOS 10.15 Catalina when it is released to the public later this year. New and updated apps like TV, Music, and Podcasts will replace the aging iTunes while new iOS-like features like Screen Time will also come to the Mac for the first time.
Apple is also making it possible to use macOS and iPadOS together via the new Sidecar feature. With Sidecar enabled users can use a Mac as a second monitor, complete with Apple Pencil support. The iPad can also be used to display Touch Bar controls and it can even function as an external graphics tablet, too.
Apple will make macOS 10.15 Catalina available to the public later this year. The release is expected to coincide with the arrival of iOS 13, iPadOS 13, tvOS 13, and watchOS 6 in or around the month of September.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Along With Of iPadOS 13 Beta 3
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 Profile Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- Download iOS 13 Public Beta And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Profile Download Along With iPadOS 13, tvOS 13 And macOS Catalina Released To Testers
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.