Apple’s new macOS 12.3 beta 2 release appears to have fixed an issue that saw some users experience unusual battery drain using MacBooks.
The issue, which began with the release of macOS 12.2 last month, appeared to be caused by Mac notebooks waking up overnight when they were supposed to be sleeping.
Users noted that the problem was related to Bluetooth devices waking the Macs unexpectedly. Now, with the release of the second macOS 12.3 beta, that problem now appears to have been fixed.
According to Mr. Macintosh via Twitter, the issue hasn’t impacted a 2018 MacBook Pro that was shown to have the issue before updating to macOS 12.3 beta 2.
While there is no telling when Apple will make macOS 12.3 available to the public, those who are afflicted by this problem can at least enjoy a workaround. One option is to disable Bluetooth overnight to ensure no accessories can wake the device. Another option is to use an app that handles that programmatically — although it isn’t a free fix.
From what I can see, macOS Monterey 12.3 Beta 2 (21E5206e) fixes the Bluetooth battery drain issue.
I tested 3 times & didn't see a single DarkWake 👍
1. 2018 MBPro that had the issue on 12.3 B1
2. 12.3 Beta 2 and can't reproduce the issuehttps://t.co/XVKe0oGYtW pic.twitter.com/23g6HuPPel
— Mr. Macintosh (@ClassicII_MrMac) February 8, 2022
Our suggestion would be to disable Bluetooth while you wait for Apple to make macOS 12.3 available to the public. Hopefully, we won’t need to wait too long before everyone can install an update that’s already been made available to developers.
You may also like to check out:
- Download Windows 11 Pro ISO File Without Product Key From Microsoft
- Force Download Windows 11 Free Upgrade Right Now, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant For Your PC
- How To Upgrade To Windows 11 From Windows 10 For Free
- How To Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Flash Drive [Guide]
- Download: iOS 15.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 15.3
- Jailbreak iOS 15.3 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- Best iPhone 13, 13 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protectors Available Today [List]
- Best iPhone 13, Pro Max 20W USB-C Chargers [List]
- Top iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen Protectors Available To Buy [List]
- Best iPhone 13 / Pro Cases For Protection Available Right Now
- How To Fix Bad iOS 15 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.