WhatsApp is inching closer to supporting multiple devices, including iPads and Android tablets.
This comes as WABetaInfo shares information including some screenshots showing that WhatsApp is working on a system of linked devices. This isn’t the first time information has surfaced with regards to WhatsApp being natively available on the iPad.
We saw screenshots of an iPad-centric version of WhatsApp back in 2019, and word was that an IPA will soon be made available. However, in August 2020 we were told that an iPad version would only land after multi-device sync rolls out for all platforms.
The latest information though points contrary to expectations of an IPA for the iPad, with the screenshots showing that the iPad will function as a linked device whenever multi-device 2.0 rolls out.
The images shared show an iPad linked to a primary account, but with the feature still being in development, we can see that the Sync status reads “Not syncing”.
NEWS: WhatsApp is finally working on multi-device 2.0, and you can use iPad as new linked device ☄️
Android tablets are also planned to support multi-device on WhatsApp for Android!
It's under development and it will be released in a future update. Follow me to discover more 💚 pic.twitter.com/rND4xQfBDj
— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) August 20, 2021
WABetaInfo says that the feature will roll out in a future update but when will that be, is anyone’s guess. For now, we can only wait.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: Windows 11 Build 22000.132 ISO Beta Released With A New Snipping Tool And More
- How To Install Windows 11 On A Mac Using Boot Camp Today
- iOS 15 Beta Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- 150+ iOS 15 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [List]
- Download iOS 15 Beta 6 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone And iPad
- iOS 15 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Developer Account, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14.6 / 14.7 [Tutorial]
- How To Install macOS 12 Monterey Hackintosh On PC [Guide]
- iOS 15 Beta 5 Download Expected Release Date
- Download: iOS 14.7.1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.7.1 Out Now
- Jailbreak iOS 14.7.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.7.1 And iPadOS 14.7.1 [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.