Renowned Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo shared his expectations for Apple’s 2019 product lineup a few months ago, and much of it was a surprise. While new AirPods and updated iPhones are a given, some of the details were seemingly out of left field. Now, Kuo has revised some of the timescales, stretching them out considerably.
After initially believing that a new 16 or 16.5-inch MacBook Pro and a 31.6-inch 6K display would arrive this year, Kuo now believes that the updated computers will have display sizes ranging from 15 to 17 inches and won’t come until the first half of 2021. The display is still expected to arrive this year, with the second or third quarter believed to be possible launch windows.
As for the new 10.2-inch iPad that was predicted, that’s now pencilled in for a launch in the fourth quarter of 2020, according to the new report.
This all comes after MacRumors picked up an updated research note that came via Economic Daily News. The original piece is in Chinese and while it’s been translated by machine, it’s possible there are some inaccuracies due to that translation. However, as it stands this is what we believe Kuo currently has in mind, and it’s quite the departure from his previous claims.
Some of those claims have already come true, however. Apple recently updated the AirPods, although AirPower famously never shipped. There was a new iPad mini, however, although again, there was no updated iPod touch.
Ultimately, what this may really show us is that forecasting Apple’s moves isn’t an exact science, and even those with reputations as strong as Ming-Chi Kuo can falter at times.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With Beta 2 Of macOS 10.14.5, tvOS 12.3, watchOS 5.2.1 Released
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad
- This Samsung Wireless Charger Duo Like Accessory Can Fast Charge Apple Devices Including iPhone And Apple Watch For Less Than Half The Price