That’s not the easiest question to answer for a number of reasons. While it is of course true that Powerbeats Pro offer the same connectivity hotness that the H1 chip affords, and that “Hey Siri” functionality is also intact, there are other considerations to make. Price is one of them, with Powerbeats Pro costing $249 when they go on sale soon, while AirPods 2 cost $199 at most, and less if you forego the Wireless Charging Case.
Beyond the price, there are other things to bear in mind. First, Powerbeats Pro are available in four different colors, whereas AirPods 2 are available in any color you want, so long as it’s white. Beyond that, the AirPods 2 have the aforementioned Wireless Charging Case in their arsenal, whereas the Powerbeats Pro do not. If that’s a big thing for you, the decision is an easy one.
Battery life is better on the Powerbeats Pro, at up to nine hours whereas the AirPods 2 only offer five hours.
Finally, there’s fit. AirPods are notoriously difficult for some people to keep in their ears, but Powerbeats Pro come with ear hooks to keep them in place, and they’re also sweat and water resistant for use when exercising. Add in noise isolation, and the Powerbeats Pro story is starting to look very compelling indeed.
Ultimately though, the buying decision is up to you. In a perfect world, owning both Powerbeats Pro and AirPods 2 would be the way to go, but at these prices, that isn’t viable for most people.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad