Apple has finally taken the wraps off of the Powerbeats Pro, a pair of Beats-branded earphones that will take some of the magic of the AirPods but add the special Beats juice to the mix.
We first heard about Powerbeats Pro when 9to5Mac spotted an animation for the unannounced earphones in an iOS update, and Apple has now officially announced the product.
An evolution of the previous Powerbeats earphones, the Powerbeats Pro do away with the wire that connected the previous earbuds together, making these new earphones completely wireless. That’s a tag line Apple is using in its advertising, and it’s sure to be a big draw here.
Similar to AirPods, the Powerbeats Pro will ship with their own wireless charging case and use the same H1 chip that debuted in the refreshed AirPods a couple of weeks ago. That means that voice-activated “Hey Siri” support is also included in the new Powerbeats Pro, too.
Externally, the Powerbeats Pro are offered in Black, Ivory, Navy, and Moss colors, and are capable of up to 9 hours of battery life. That’s up on the 5 hours of the AirPods, which is impressive. Given the improved sound isolation offered by these Powerbeats Pro, there’s an argument to be had that these may be the better option for many people. Especially if AirPods refuse to stay in your ears.
While AirPods cost from $159 to $199 depending on the charging case you choose, Powerbeats Pro will cost $249.95 when they land this coming May in the US and another twenty countries. We’ll see if we can pick a pair up for review.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad