We told you recently that Kodi had been updated to version 18.4, with variants available for all major operating systems. Now users of jailbroken iPhones and iPads can also enjoy the fun without having to sideload it after the app was updated for download as jailbreak tweak via the BigBoss jailbreak repo.
The Kodi 18.4 update brought with it mainly bug and security fixes, but there were a lot of them. Now those updates are also available for iOS as jailbreak tweak.
According to the changelog on the BigBoss repo, there are a lot of fixes to look forward to.
- Fix Missing text when sorting from inside addon
- Clear/save focus-history when leaving window with focus on parent folder item
- Picture slideshow fixes (Estuary)
- Subscribe to controller install events (games)
- Fix radio button text length (Estuary)
- Fix season/episode formatting for video addons (video)
- Don’t consider display mode ids constant (Android)
- Fix PlayMedia builtin for playlists (.strm) and “artists” smart playlists (music)
- Fix PlayMedia builtin for smart playlists and playlists (music)
- FFmpeg: Bump to 4.0.4-Leia-18.4
- Load program from stream property without using streaminfo (video)
- Fix initialization of AVD3D11VAContext structure (video, Windows)
- Fix TS resume point, related to PR16314 (video)
- Fixed memory leak, fixed segfault (video, Linux)
- Fix PAPlayer to handle passthrough for TrueHD (audio)
- Fix component dependencies
- PVRRecordings: Prevent concurrent calls to video database
- Other/General fixes
- Use first protocol from add-on in add network dialog
- Use exact matching for protocol in file+dir factories
- Use of absolute paths in combination with hosts in URLs
- Fix file times for vfs addons
- Fix + sign HTTP folder
- Corrections to filesystem CircularCache initialization and termination
- Controller fixes
- Delete stream details when video info is refreshed
- Do not attempt to further resolve plugin paths for failing entries
- Revert “fixed: We should always update stream details from player…”
All of that adds up to a very worthwhile update and if you’re using Kodi, you need to get this latest version installed. If you’re not using Kodi but have a jailbroken device, what are you waiting for?
Unfortunately, Kodi isn’t available via the App Store, which is why you’ll need a jailbroken device in order to install it. You can of course sideload it too if you are not jailbroken but then you will have to deal with resigning it every week or so depending on the kind of Apple Developer account you have.
As for the aforementioned Kodi 18.4 jailbreak tweak, any jailbroken iPhone or iPad running iOS 6 or newer is fine to install it, although iOS 8 and newer releases are recommended if you want to enjoy the best experience.
Kodi is a great media center app and if you haven’t taken it for a spin yet, you really ought to. It’s available for every platform under the sun, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 2 IPSW Link And OTA Update For iPhone, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 2 For iPad
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.