If you want to jailbreak iOS 16.1.1 on iPhone and iPadOS 16.1.1 on iPad, here’s what you need to know regarding its latest status update.
Apple has released iOS 16.1.1 to the public and with the update comes the same old question — can I jailbreak it?
If you’re looking to jailbreak iOS 16.1.1 on your iPhone or iPad, there are always a couple of questions that need to be asked to figure out whether it can be done. You’re in the right place, so let’s dive in.
While the iOS 16.1.1 update doesn’t add any new features, Apple does say that it deals with fixing a number of bugs. With that in mind we would always suggest updating to it, but those who want to jailbreak should be sure they want to do that first.
If you’re using an older iPhone, like an iPhone 8 or iPhone X, you’re good to go. Those models were jailbroken at the bootrom level which means Apple can’t plug the hole no matter how hard it tries. You might need to wait first though for your jailbreak app of choice to be updated, but the underlying exploit will work, no problems.
If you’re using a newer iPhone, like the new iPhone 14 (or any iPhone model later than iPhone X), you’re unfortunately out of luck. That might change in the future, but at the time of writing there is no jailbreak available for you, no matter which version of iOS you have installed.
We’ll keep our ears to the ground and our eyes peeled for news of a proper iOS 16.1.1 jailbreak, but there’s no telling when it might arrive. If indeed, it ever does.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1.1 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.1.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.1 Final OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.