You can now jailbreak iOS 13.4 using checkra1n 0.9.9 experimental pre-release on supported iPhone and iPad models. Here are the details.
With the iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 GM in the hands of developers, we are already seeing the first release of software that makes use of that seed. The team behind the extremely popular checkra1n jailbreak has pushed out an experimental release offering early support for devices running iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4.
It’s worth mentioning here that Apple is yet to officially release iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 into the public domain. With it now being the end of the week, the likelihood is that both of those releases will be pushed out into production on Monday or Tuesday next week. For that reason, checkra1n version 0.9.9 experimental isn’t being offered on the official jailbreak website but can be accessed via a link that was published with one of Luca Todesco’s tweets…
An additional tweet from Todesco also confirmed that the experimental release “added support for demoting T2 as well as booting into pongoOS,” referencing the new T2 chip in Apple’s Mac hardware. So this release isn’t just about iOS devices anymore and contains a lot more for the people with the necessary skills to play with.
In situations like these, it is definitely worth paying attention to the “experimental” label on the release and the fact that it hasn’t been published via the official checkra1n website with all of the other publicly available versions. This definitely means that version 0.9.9 experimental is intended for developers and security researchers who have the necessary skillset to actually put it to use and troubleshoot effectively if anything goes wrong.
checkra1n 0.9.9 experimental prerelease – experimental 13.4 support, please test on other firmwares also. to run on 13.4, tick the 'allow untested iOS versions' checkbox in the options view – https://t.co/dmdZNMHbJh
— qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiopz) March 18, 2020
Additionally, iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 aren’t yet released, so anyone jailbreaking right now would be liberating a pre-release seed of iOS/iPadOS and would likely need to repeat the process in a weeks time. The good news, however, is that we can be all but sure that when Apple does release iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 next week, we will already have a functional jailbreak in the form of the checkm8-based checkra1n with which to liberate those devices from Apple’s walled-garden.
For now, we recommend staying away from 0.9.9 experimental if you aren’t an advanced user.
You can check out our previous video tutorial below on how to jailbreak iOS 13.4 / iPadOS 13.4:
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 GM IPSW Links, OTA Profile Along With GM Of iPadOS 13.4, watchOS 6.2, tvOS 13.4 & macOS 10.15.4 Beta 6
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak