Making sure people self isolate is part of the process in terms of trying to make sure coronavirus doesn’t spread any more quickly than it already is. But it’s difficult to know who needs to isolate. Now Israel plans to use cellular location data to work out who is most at risk.
According to The New York Times, the data will be used by the Shin Bet, the country’s security agency, to trace where people have been once they are diagnosed with coronavirus.
During that process they will be able to ascertain who they have been in contact with and who is most likely to be infected. Those people will then be notified via text message that they should self isolate.
While some might find this deeply concerning, officials say that it’s all in the name of making sure fewer people die through the infection.
“The use of advanced Shin Bet technologies is intended for one purpose only: saving lives,” said a senior security official, who insisted on anonymity to discuss such a sensitive matter. “In this way, the spread of the virus in Israel can be narrowed, quickly and efficiently. This is a focused, time-limited and limited activity that is monitored by the government, the attorney general and the Knesset’s regulatory mechanisms.”
While the tracking of location data is usually used to help target ads, this is at least a better use case for all of that information. The real problem will be when everything is back to normal and it comes time to put a lid back on this particular genie bottle
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 GM IPSW Links, OTA Profile Along With GM Of iPadOS 13.4, watchOS 6.2, tvOS 13.4 & macOS 10.15.4 Beta 6
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak