Barclays analysts Blayne Curtis and Thomas O’Malley have posted a note to investors claiming that all 2021 iPhone 13 models will receive a major upgrade in the form of an Ultra-Wide camera with a wider f/1.8 aperture.
The investor note courtesy of Barclays has been shared with MacRumors and suggests that all four iPhone 13 models will benefit from the camera upgrade.
In November 2020, TF International Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo made a similar claim about the camera hardware but suggest in his note that the f/1.8 aperture would only be available to those purchasing the iPhone 13 Pro model.
At this stage, it appears that there is a conflicting suggesting about Apple’s tactics for the iPhone 13 model. The Barclay’s analysts expect all four iPhone 13 models to receive the camera upgrade this year but Kuo suggests that Apple won’t make that mass move until the 2022 range is released.
Regardless of whether the new camera component ships with the iPhone 13 Pro or all iPhone 13 models later this year, it will mean a significant improvement to the quality of images captured in low-light conditions. This is due to the fact that the wider aperture would allow more light to enter and pass through the lens.
Additionally, Curtis and O’Malley also believe that the Telephoto lens that is currently found on the top-of-the-line iPhone 12 Pro Max would be available with the iPhone 13 Pro when the range launches later this year. That lens would a 65mm focal length and ƒ/2.2 aperture, resulting in the iPhone 13 Pro benefiting from optical zoom improvements over the comparative iPhone 12 Pro model.
If accurate, the iPhone 13 range would have something immediately appealing to mobile photography fans and would instantly put the device on those radars. Apple isn’t expected to make any other wholesale changes to iPhone 13 but it has been speculated that there will be improvements made to the LiDAR Scanner and additional stabilization improvements will be introduced to more models.
If the design, screen sizes, and other aspects of the devices are going to remain the same, then it appears that Apple is going to rely on camera improvements to market this range of devices.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 14.4 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download: iOS 14.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.4 Out Now
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.4 The Easy Way [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.