Apple has today confirmed iPadOS 16.1 and iOS 16.1 final version release date. Here are the details.
While Apple hasn’t explicitly confirmed that iOS 16.1 will be released on the same date, that is October 24th, that now seems highly likely.
The company today also released the first iOS 16.1 and iPadOS 16.1 release candidate betas to developers, likely ahead of a public release of both next week.
Apple confirmed the iPadOS 16.1 release date as a footnote in the press release for its new iPad and iPad Pro refreshes, announced today. The press releases actually mention iPadOS 16, although that’s an update Apple has skipped in favor of iPadOS 16.1. That move came after the company delayed the iPadOS 16 launch to deal with ongoing issues relating to its Stage Manager feature, skipping the release entirely.
Stage Manager is a new window-based multitasking feature that Apple is adding to iPads with this iPadOS 16.1 release. During the beta program we’ve heard various reports of issues being caused by the feature, with Apple reportedly keen to address those before release. With iPadOS 16.1 now around the corner, it’s hoped that Stage Manager’s issues are behind it.
As for iOS 16.1, that update will bring Live Activities and more to the iPhone. Other improvements include bringing the battery percentage indicator to more devices, adding a feature that charges only when cleaner energy is being used, and support for being able to use Apple Fitness+ without an Apple Watch.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 / iPadOS 16.1 RC OTA Profile Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.0.3 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.0.3 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, or Instagram, and even like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and the Web.